Backing up your Mac is so important that today we’re giving you our top 7 posts on the hows and whys of Mac backups.
- 5 tips on backing up your Mac These tips are useful for anyone on a Mac, and cover local as well as cloud backup.
- Why Did My Hard Drive Die? The simple facts behind the fragility of the hard drive in your Mac (or any computer, really).
- Is your Time Machine really backing up your Mac? You’ve got Time Machine for local backup. Here’s how to check that it’s doing its job.
- Mac Backup to the Cloud Why we like CrashPlan and CrashPlan Pro for cloud backup (backup to a different location than your computer).
- Why does CrashPlan take so long to back up? Offsite backups, also known as Cloud backups, often take awhile for the initial backup to complete. Why is that? This post tells you.
- How to back up your iPhoto images Photos are often the most irreplaceable of all the things on our Macs. Here’s how to back up just your photos.
- How to Make a Clone of Your Mac Sometimes it’s useful to have a snapshot of your Mac. Here’s one way to do it.