I’ve been using iOS 7 on my iPhone and my iPad mini for about a week. Here are my top 5 likes and dislikes about iOS 7.
- Control Center is great–with one swipe I can get to a screen that allows me to control volume, brightness, wifi, lock, camera, Airplay, and a pile of other things. (To get to it: swipe up from the very bottom center of the screen.)
- Nice to be able to update all my apps in the App Store with one click.
- Evernote for iOS 7 is so much cleaner, I’m finding it easier to use.
- You can have as many apps as you want in a folder.
- No more fake leather and fake stitching!
- Hard to tell what is a button or link, and what’s not. Is text floating in the corner a link, or just information?
- I’m generally finding the font hard to read unless it’s bold. The lines are too thin to stand apart from each other.
- The “Near Me” feature in the App Store–do I really care what apps people near me are liking?
- I can’t set my lock screen picture correctly. It won’t let me size it. I think it must be a bug; let’s hope Apple fixes it soon.
- The calendar may not have fake leather anymore but it’s still hard to navigate…
How do I find out about new iPhone and iPad apps?
Borrow books from the NYPL on your iPad or iPhone