Somehow, I stumbled across an incredibly useful page on Microsoft’s web site which has the latest Mac installers for Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 2011, and other releases.
This is pretty useful, because:
- It doesn’t require that you log into Microsoft’s confusing web site in order just to download the installer.
- If you want to install it on several computers, you don’t have to download it to each one, just copy it from a thumb drive or over the network.
- You don’t have to run any updaters after installation, as it’s already up to date. (Of course, the installers on this page are likely to change pretty frequently, so if you’ve got an old one, then you’ll need to run the updater.)
- There are installers for individual Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) apps, if you don’t wish to have the whole suite.
- It provides a way of reinstalling Office 2011, should you need it, such as if you no longer have an optical drive, or you want to run Office on a Mac with an older operating system. (You may still need your original license key, however, if you’re not an Office 365 subscriber.)
Once you’ve installed the software, just run it. The first time you do, you’ll need sign in with your Microsoft account (that is, your Office 365 subscription, or the Office account that contains your one-time purchase of Office).
Here’s the link: Update History for Office for Mac