About a week ago I tried out Wunderlist to handle my to-do list. I’ve been using it every day since then — it’s now my official to-do list management tool.
The app is available for iPad, iPhone, and Android. It’s free for basic use; there’s a “Pro” version that’s $5/month that allows you to share and assign to-dos to others, for collaborative tasks.
There are also free apps for Mac and Windows, or you can do what I do, which is just look at my Wunderlist to-dos in a web browser. I have set Firefox as my browser just for Wunderlist (I use Safari for everything else) which makes it really easy to use Command-Tab to get to my to-dos.
What I like about it:
- The sync is seamless. So I can set my to-dos at the office, and then later I can open them up on my iPhone while I’m out running around.
- Attractive. And you can change the background color.
- Simple to create tasks and set them on a specific day.
- Lets you schedule reminders for your tasks, which is nice for those few things I don’t want to forget to do.
- Did I mention it’s free?
My pet peeves:
- I’d like to be able to set some tasks for a specific time as well as day.
- When I add something to the “today” list I can’t add it to a specific other list as well (personal, work, etc).
- Would be great to have a “someday” due date option.
- Would be cool to be able to create “smart lists” so I could look at, for example, only starred items due today.
Thumbs up for Wunderlist!