We have given over a dozen corporate presentations on the iPhone and iPad over the past few years. Here are our top 5 tips on how to make your iPhone or iPad presentation a success when in front of a corporate group.
1. What are the specific goals of the presentation? Is it more useful to show off a wealth of tips and apps, to get the team excited about the possibilities of the iPhone or iPad? Or should you select a few apps and demonstrate how they work in detail?
2. Know your audience’s experience level with the technology. Are they just getting iPads that day, or have they been using them for months or years? This will tell you whether to talk about the basics of how to use the devices, or with something more complex.
3. Know your audience’s workflow and their daily work routines, as well as their mobile device wishlists, so you can recommend apps that solve their specific needs.
4. Don’t forget to find out whether their work involves traveling with their iOS devices; if so, consider discussing security issues, as well as showing off a few top-tier travel apps.
5. Don’t focus exclusively on productivity; also talk about what’s new and different and fun about these devices. Being productive is always important, but what makes the iPad or iPhone more interesting than the computer for certain purposes? What will inspire them to use their iPhones and iPads regularly?
If you consider these 5 tips when preparing your iPhone or iPad presentation, you’ll be able to fulfill the attendees’ needs and get them excited about what their tools can do.
Image by Sean MacEntee, from Flickr Creative Commons.