If you don’t know ThinkGeek, you should check it out–lots of tech and other unusual gifts, ranging in price from under $10 to in the hundreds. (Beware–lots of Hobbit, Star Wars, and Star Trek items on the site, but there’s other cool stuff too.)
Here are my top 10 ThinkGeek gifts this year. Not necessarily for me–just the ones I found funny, cool, or downright weird.
1) Olloclip iPhone camera lens. Take unusual photos with your iPhone by clipping on this set of lenses. $70.
2) MiniDock for iPhone. Dock your iPhone upright in any power outlet, so it can charge and display at the same time. $20.
3) Keychain scissors. Yes, scissors that are the size of a key. They’re approved for flying by the TSA. $4.
4) Casio calculator watch. Yes, just like that one you had back in the 1980s. $25.
5) Bluetooth gloves. Yes, you can talk on the phone by holding your thumb up to your ear, and your pinky to your mouth. $70.
6) KAI mini Bluetooth speaker. Wireless speaker for your smartphone, with decent sound for the tiny size. $80.
7) Lambskin iPad clutch. Put your iPad into a purse designed just for it. In black or red. $90.
8) Tovolo TeaGo tea infuser. Barry your own tea anywhere you go, it’s ready to go into a mug of hot water anytime. $13.
9) All-in-one outdoor cutlery tool. Screwdriver, corkscrew, knife, fork, spoon, and a few other tools are all in this one fold-up device. $25.
10) Something you are guaranteed not to find at any normal toy store: My First Bacon, plush toy that says “I’m bacon!” when you squeeze it. As the site says, “You’ve got a friend in meat.” $10.