The results are in from our survey of small business owners and individuals. We asked what tech purchases they planned to make in 2012, and here’s what we found.
What the data from home users showed:
- 75% said they plan to make tech purchases in 2012.
- Of those who plan on purchasing computers, the number one purchase that individuals plan to make this year is a Mac laptop, followed by an iMac.
- 61% plan to buy an iPhone.
- The iPad demand is significantly greater than the demand for Android, Kindle, or other mobile or tablet devices (not too surprising).
And what the answers from business owners showed:
- 70% of business owners plan to make technology purchases in the coming year.
- Mac computers are the most in demand in the category of hardware, followed by the demand for Windows PCs.
- iPads and iPhones are the most sought-after mobile devices by business owners, with the data showing a slightly greater demand for iPads than for iPhones.
- Very few plan to buy a Blackberry or a Kindle.
The photo of the North Scottsdale, AZ Apple Store is by At Home in Scottsdale, from Flickr Creative Commons.