We are going to the MacTech Boot Camp in San Francisco tomorrow, and then to MacWorld. We’ve gotten to be experts at traveling with technology. Here are some of our Mac travel tips on traveling with technology.
- In-flight power: We use SeatGuru to figure out which are the best seats on the plane, from a power-outlet standpoint. Each airline, each plane, each seat is diagrammed. So bring along your Mac airline power adapter too.
- Extension cords: We recommend bringing at least 1 extension cord–because hotel rooms (or friends’ apartments) never have enough outlets. That way, I can charge my iPad, iPhone, and Mac laptop all at once.
- USB power adapter: The Apple USB power adapter is great, because it means you don’t have to charge everything through your laptop.
- USB flash drive: Always have one of these. You never know when you’ll need to copy a file easily from one place to another. I’ve put our Keynote presentation on it, just in case we have technical difficulties.
- Headphones: For long flights, for annoying people talking behind you…bonus points if you have those noise-cancelling headphones or those ones that stick into your ear and block out all ambient sound.